Collecting and sharing of information about ongoing interventions and initiatives in support of the identified focal area on the African continent;
- Creating an enabling environment to foster collaboration among ongoing activities.
IDENTIFYING NEW INITIATIVES
Carrying out pro-active assessments and opportunity analysis to identify new interventions and initiatives that ACSD will assist in getting donor co-funding;
DEVELOPING INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS
Resulting from the assessment and opportunity analysis, information will be collected and used to pro-actively identify innovative solutions that could be developed. Further, the ACSD will assist in bringing these opportunities to the (G7) donor community for (co)funding.
- Upon request, the ACSD would also support donor countries, and in particular G7 ones, to develop joint proposals and projects.
GENERATING AND SHARING KNOWLEDGE
- Conducting research and analysis of data to support ongoing activities;
- Fostering communication on experiences and best practices among ongoing activities;
- Assessing demands and needs of African countries and facilitate response from the donor community.
FACILITATING PRIVATE SECTOR ENGAGEMENT
- Identifying and designing instruments and mechanisms to increase the engagement of private sector;
- Identifying the required enabling environments in African host countries to attract private investments and develop activities to facilitate the setting up of these enabling environments;
COMMUNICATION AND OUTREACH
- Supporting the production of technical publications, brochures, videos, newsletters and other communication material on relevant initiatives;
- Facilitating the presentation of ongoing interventions and initiatives at global fora.